Top 6 Tips That Make Finding the Right Painters in Melbourne Easier
We know painting a house is something everyone believes they can do themselves. But not everyone can. A proper job requires certain skills and experience.So, hiring a professional is always the wisest move. But how do you find a reputable professional painter in Melbourne?
It can be a lot trickier than it seems. Here at 1800 All Painting, we’ve made it our business to let people know about our own experience, gathered over the last 15 years, and the skills of our personnel. But we also refuse to rest on our laurels.We always point out to potential clients, that carefully considering their options is an essential part of finding the right a painter to hire.
So, with the knowledge that reputable painters do not grow on trees, what are the most telling issues that should be considered? And how can you sift through the candidates to identify the best painter in Melbourne for you?
Well, here are our Top 6 Tips to making the right choice.
- Search Online. Search the web for local contract painters operating in your area. We at 1800 All Painting operate throughout Melbourne, but not all firms have the same reach. If the company website is patchy or of poor quality, chances are their work will be so, too. Read the customer reviews or testimonials – if they’re too fantastic, they may not be genuine.
- Contact Candidates Directly. If the website looks good, check if they have all the usual contact details (email, telephone number etc.) and use them. Speak to a representative directly to get a feel for their attitude. If they seem dismissive or rude, move on. Remember, when it comes to finding painters, Melbourne has plenty of options.
- Check Accreditation. Make sure your painter is fully qualified, fully licensed and fully insured. The Master Painters Association of Victoria (MPAV) offers training courses, like Certificate III in Painting and Decorating and the 22002VIC in Sustainable Painting Practices. Ask to see any qualifications.Contact the awarding body to check if it’s the real deal. 1800 All Painting is happy to do so.
- Check References. Always ask to see at least 3 references, preferably for jobs that match the one you want to hire them for. Qualified painters will not hesitate to show them, but you should be willing to check them out. Speak to the reference sources. Ask questions about the final cost, the completion time and if they were fully satisfied.
- Get A Quote. Get quotes from at least 3 contract painters. Melbourne is very competitive, so prices are not expensive. Any quote that seems high can be disregarded immediately. Remember, verbal quotes can only be considered a guide. Ask them to see your property or project site before asking for a written quote that you can tie the painter down to.
- Check the Grapevine. Finally, the most important tip. Ask people you know who they would recommend. The first-hand experience of a trusted friend, neighbour, work mate or family member is priceless. So ask around, and use the grapevine to locate the best painters in Melbourne.
Why 1800 All Painting?
Strangely, unlike other Australian states, Victoria does not require painting contractors to be properly licensed and qualified. But 1800 All Painting is one of the few contract painters in Melbourne who are.
We place quality and client satisfaction ahead of everything else. That’s why we:
- have all the required certificates and qualifications
- have fully insured staff, covered for public and product liability
- have references from both commercial and domestic clients
- have experience in domestic, public and office painting projects
So, with 1800 All Painting, you can be sure you’ll get the very highest quality of work at fair prices.