1800 ALL PAINTING | SPECIALISING IN ALL INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR PAINTING, RENOVATION AND CARPENTRY WORK.
Our team of skilled painters and colour consultants have been bringing painting and maintenance solutions to commercial, industrial and residential properties in Melbourne for over 15 years. You can rely on us to deliver a quality service on time and according to your budget.
We offer a fresh look for home renovations, strata painting and building maintenance, and a complete painting solution for new properties.
Give us a call for a free quote!
Features & Benefits
House Painters & Home Painting Services Melbourne
1800 ALL PAINTING
With over 15 years, experience in the industry our company is the leading painting service provider in Melbourne to take care of your property painting and decorating needs. Rely on us to deliver every time!!
We have professional and friendly colour consultants in place, to answer any and every question you ask! Depend on us to offer optimal painting solutions, within your budget and time limitation. We employ some of the highly skilled painters in the industry to ensure 100% customer satisfaction in all the projects that we undertake.
1800 all painting
Frequently Asked Questions
- Pick a colour that complements the home's brick, siding, stone or roofing.
- Choose a colour scheme that blends with the neighbourhood. If required, check with the homeowners' association for any colour restrictions.
- Because colour may appear different depending on the time of day, paint a section of the house where the body, trim and accent colours can be viewed together. Then check the colours throughout the day to see how they look.
- To highlight architectural details, such as shutters and columns, choose a colour that contrasts with the wall colour of the house. For example, if the wall is a light colour, choose a darker colour.
- To minimize attention to unattractive elements such as downspouts, air-conditioning units, vents and gutters, paint them the same colour as the wall of the house or choose a trim colour that is a similar shade
- Light colours make a room seem larger, while dark colours are best for accenting recessed areas and highlighting details.
- Use items in a room to provide colour hints. Pick a piece of furniture, art or even a pillow for inspiration. Select your colour preference and see what other colours work well with it.
- Connecting rooms should share colour elements. For example, using the same colour on molding in adjoining rooms unifies an open space.
- Use light and dark colours to create interest. Attractive architectural features, such as molding and columns, can be emphasized by painting them darker or lighter colours.
- Consider the home's flooring. The colour of the carpet, tile or hardwood flooring plays an important role in the feel of a room and affects how a colour appears.
- Pay attention to the trim in a room. Painting the trim and walls the same colour will remove attention to the trim and make it less noticeable. Using a contrasting colour for the trim will add some dimension to the room.
Gloss level also affects colour perception. The same colour with a different gloss will appear as an assorted colour. The colour in a higher gloss paint will appear brighter and richer than the same colour in a lower gloss paint.
- Over-thinning of the paint or spreading it too thin
- Poor surface preparation, especially when paint is applied to bare wood without priming
- Painting under cool or windy conditions where the paint dries too fast
- On surfaces that have been painted many times, the bottom layers of paint lose their flexibility and are unable to expand and contract with the surface as it responds to temperature and humidity change
SolutionsDetermine if cracking goes all the way to the surface. If cracking does not go all the way down to the surface, then:
- Remove loose and flaking paint with a scraper or wire brush.
- Sand the area and feather the edges.
- Repaint, using a high-quality paint.
- Remove all of the paint by scraping, sanding and/or use paint remover.
- Prime wood and masonry surfaces with an appropriate, high-quality primer.
- Repaint using a high-quality paint
- Pressed composition boards should be primed immediately after installation. An adequate coating should be kept on the surface at all times to seal out moisture.
- Flat paints are a good choice for ceilings
- Low Sheen paints can be used mainly for walls specially rooms with high-traffic areas such as hallways, family rooms or children’s bedrooms
- Gloss and semi-gloss paints are ideal for kitchens, bathrooms, utility areas, woodwork, doors and trim.
- Painting in direct sunlight or on a surface that is too hot
- Application of an oil-based over a damp, wet surface
- Exposing a fresh paint film to dew, high humidity or rain
- Moisture passing through interior walls from common household sources such as bathrooms, kitchens and laundry rooms
- Determine if blisters were caused by heat or moisture. Break open and examine the substrate and back side of blistered paint.
- If only the newest coat of paint is blistered, the blister was probably caused by heat.
- If the peeled blister contains several coats of paint and the bare surface is exposed, the blister was probably caused by moisture.
For blistering caused by heat:
- Remove blisters by scraping, sanding or pressure-washing down to underlying coats of paint or primer.
- Repaint the surface with a high-quality interior/exterior paint (make sure the surface temperature is below 90º F).
- Find the best paints suited for your project.
For blistering caused by moisture:
- Repair loose caulking and improve ventilation of the building to prevent a recurring problem.
- Remove the blisters by scraping or sanding down to the bare surface.
- Prime all bare areas with a high-quality primer.
- Repaint the surface with a high-quality paint in the desired finish.
What Our Client Says
“Toby and l wanted to thank you and your team for a fantastic job ! We are extremely pleased with the result and are grateful for working to our very tight timeframe ! The professionalism and knowledge/skill of the entire team was very impressive, a job well done. We have had many wonderful comments on the house and will continue to highly recommend 1800 all painting. Thanks again Alex”
“You have done an excellent job!! Your crew is fast hand and skillful, I am looking forward to see you all on the next job!!”
“One stop shop, they deliver all building and maintenance needs at once. I had Alex on my site to repair some weatherboards and fascia boards as well as eaves. All the repair works was completed to my satisfaction and exceptional painting work was undertaken accordingly. You will see friendliness and quality of workmanship in Painting Plus” painting team.”
“I am completely satisfied with Alex and his team of painters. They worked steadily, quietly and efficiently and did a great job for a reasonable price. I will call on them again and certainly recommend them to anyone.”
“Alex and his team were prompt and professional. The house looks great. I have used Painting Plus again to do more work which again was completed on time and in a neat and tidy way. Thanks Alex”
Recently Alex and his employees painted the outside of my house. A month before another painter had painted the inside and I wish I had known of Alex at that time as his job on the outside was far superior to the one on the inside of the house. Alex is a very pleasant gentleman who does what he says he will. He turns up on time for the quote, the start of the job and on a daily basis. The job is done quickly, efficiently and with care taken not to damage anything. His employees are pleasant, efficient and careful. My job was done when Alex said it would be and I was very pleased with the work. I have recommended him to my friends and he has now done work for them also. I would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone. Alex is an honest and kind gentleman who when he saw what the previous painter had done to my kitchen cupboards, repainted them himself at no cost. This was far beyond the call of duty but shows what a kind and caring man he is and how much he is proud of his painting. Again, I would happily recommend him to anyone.
“I have known Alex for almost 6 years and had him on various jobs. He always delivered a quality job within the time frame that he promised. He is very customer orientated and meets all the needs.”
For anyone interested in painting their home, I would recommend Alex’s Painting Plus. We have used Alex’s Painting Plus a number of times now and we will continue to do so. Alex and his team are true hard working professionals who take a great deal of pride in their work. They come to work early, and work late, in order to get the job complete. Alex and his team painted our entire home in 5 days and did an excellent job. Any request that I made was always received with a smiling face and a no problem attitude. Alex and his team are good natured, trustworthy and their work is exceptional.
“I was impressed with Alex and his painting team. They provided top quality job with a reasonable price. Highly recommend it to everyone.”
“We were very happy with the workmanship of the painting job you did for us. You turned up on time and finished on time. We can recommend you for any painting job.”
“Alex was referred to us by a friend who was very happy with the friendliness and quality of service she received. When ringing Alex to discuss our painting requirements he was very polite and professional. When we arranged a time to meet, he was on time. The quote which was provided was very reasonable and knowing his workmanship was to an excellent standard, we knew that we received a very good price for the scope of work. Subsequently Alex and his team have come back 3 times to work on different areas of the house. Throughout these times the standard of work has always been excellent. He and his team are well mannered and leave the premises very neat and tidy. Alex has a very ‘can do’ attititude and nothing is too much trouble. I have recommended Alex to many of my friends and would not hesitate to use him again with any painting jobs that we require.”